Jeanette Weedon is with Mat Northway and 3 others.
Here goes another novel… *eye roll* lol
What a weekend that was!
I hope you all made it home safely and enjoyed that sunshine on the way.
On behalf of the Ruapehu Motorcycle Club I’d like to thank every single one of you that turned up and we really hope to see you all again next year. Without you crazy people we couldn’t keep going. Cheers!
No major incidents reported this year although one of our club helpers had a little too much fun on a quad and scored himself an ambulance ride Friday night…. hope you’re doing well Conky.
This year both bands were asked (yelled at 🤣) for an encore so I think it’s safe to say they were a hit. Thank you to The Blistered Fingers and Greenfloor for braving the cold and entertaining the crowd!
Welcoming you through the farm gate was an “AWESOMESAUCE” crew from the Christian Motorcyclists Association NZ.
You were such a big help to the RMCC and we appreciate you all!!! Thank you!!!
A huge THANKS goes out to the land owners for letting us use a slice of their paradise and to our generous sponsors:
The Frew Family – Weeping Hills Waiouru
Eurobike Wholesale Ltd
Taura Metal Supplies
Neville Bouskill Mulching
Thomas Donaldson & Family
Phil Kinsey Painting & Decorating
Hymech Ruapehu Ltd
Drury Motorcycle Performance Centre
Full Steam Ahead
Richard Fleury Landscaping
City Honda – Palmerston North
Sun Valley Logging Rotorua
Apologies if I have missed any sponsors, will add to my list if need be.
A message from my husband RMCC President Dion Weedon ~
To ALL club members and the helpers they bring along THANK YOU!! Each and everyone of you have important rolls and without you guys the Cold Kiwi would be non existent. Cheers to Club Captain Mat Northway for taking on the task of being our M.C. this year, you done an awesome job.
Special mentions- James Blincoe (that young fella that gets around faster than a blue arse fly….possibly almost as annoying as one too?! Haha we love ya boy 🤣) … if only the rest of us could borrow a bit of your energy we’d be doing well. Big ups for your extra hard work this weekend and also thank you to ‘Animal’ for your efforts at our last few working bees as well as this year’s rally, you really are an Animal 🤣🤣.
Mark Blincoe our resident sparkie who works all hours putting up and taking down lighting, sound and everything inbetween, cheers mate.
Last but definitely not least I need to say and extra big Thank you to Clive Bentley.
He does a hell of a lot more work behind the scenes than anyone realises and I hope he know’s how much we appreciate the effort that he puts into the club.
Bring on the 45th Cold Kiwi!
Thanks to those that came up and introduced yourselves, it was great to meet new people and put some names to faces!
Loving seeing all the photos from this year….ESPECIALLY that blue rav getting a new paint job. When it got stuck Duncan said “it’s alright, James is getting the digger, he’ll get me out, he’s a good boy”. I asked him if he was really really sure about that… because I know what James is like when under the influence of Dion… who may or may not have🤔🤔🤫🤭🤭 instigated the rav burial. The rav survived although it’s windscreen didn’t but it gave us all the best laugh of the weekend!
- Jay Adams Cheers guys n gals awesome rally . Once again we’ll see you at the next one .2Hide or report this
- John Moreland Thanks janette and dion great weekend2Hide or report thisJeanette Weedon replied · 1 Reply
- Robert Hansen Thanks all. See you next year.2Hide or report this
- Terry Smith Cheers and thanks.yes our group will be back.love the kiwi.2Hide or report this
- Dean Monk Cheers RMCC! It’s been over 30 years since I’ve been, used to go pillon with my dad on his Yamaha SR500 when I was little. He died last year aged 90 and I got back into bikes in his memory. The CK hasn’t changed, great people from all the walks of life, amazing bikes and crazy antics! See you next year, I’m counting down already!!5Hide or report this
- Carl Jasmine Chaytor Thank RMCC had a blast as always you all run a amazing event which I will be coming back to next year for sure and will bring as many as I can2Hide or report this
- Richard Meikle Awesome weekend will be back with more reinforcements , till next year2Hide or report this
- Michael Annalize Romkes Great weekend. Well done RMCC. To all attendees, even though there were a few who blew over the limit Sunday morning, all n all very impressed. I will definitely be back next year for my 15th Cold kiwi rally. Michael CMA NZ President4Hide or report this
- Arthur Dent My first kiwi was 1986, been to many since (at four different sites), happy to report that this year’s was easily one of the very best! Basically:
1. The new site is Awesome, large, dry and very well laid out.
2. The facilities are great, warm dry toil…See More5Hide or report this
- Mark O’connor Well done guys and girls a great weekend and I saw Clive’s wife today and apparently he’s shattered so cheers Clive you’re a legend3Hide or report this
Write a comment…